Blue Mountains Tour Sydney + River Cruise + 3 Scenic Rides
Tour Code BMTR
Winter Saving (was $165 now $125 Adults)
Tour Code BMTR
Winter Saving (was $165 now $125 Adults)
This is a small tour of the magnificent Blue Mountains is all about sightseeing this amazing amazing Blue Mountains. We visit remote lookouts with stunning views, including Lincolns Rock at Kings Tableland where you will find some old aboriginal spear sharpening grooves. Other Lookouts that we can visit depending on the weather include Eagle Hawk Nest, Boars Head and Narrow Neck. Another great lookout is cliff view lookout overlooking Katoomba Falls. Late morning we visit Echo Point, home to the Three Sisters, before going around to Scenic World to experience the 3 Rides, The Skyway, the Scenic Railway and the Cableway.The rides are included on this Tour Code BMF-3R.
We have a stop for lunch in Katoomba where there are numerous cafes and lunch facilities followed by a stroll around the shops.
There are more lookouts after lunch including Echo Point, home to the Three Sisters with some short scenic cliff top walks. We include the three Scenic World rides which take around 1 hour in total to complete.
Later in the afternoon we return down the Blue Mountains to join a Ferry at Olympic Park for a leisurely river cruise back to Circular Quay, in the heart of the city, arriving 5.45pm.
See what’s included in your tour
TOUR PRICE Now Only
Child $108 (8-12 yrs)
- Small Group Tour accessing some amazing lookouts.
- Modern smaller 19 seat air-conditioned mini coach
- Morning Tea and a visit to Blue Mountains National Park office for maps, books, and some great 3 D post cards
- Some of the best sightseeing, including Three Sisters,
- Other Dramatic locations subject to time and weather.
- Three Scenic World Rides included (Skyway, Scenic Railway and Cableway)
- Stop for lunch at Katoomba, and a walk around the shop
- River Cruise from Olympic Park at 5.00 pm to the city at Circular Quay arriving 5.45.pm.
For further information about this tour, click on the + icon to right of each heading below.
What this tour includes
- Complimentary Hotel Pick up
- Modern 19 seat airconditioned mini coach
- Morning Tea
- Visit to the Blue Mountains National Park Office for maps books souvenirs etc.
- Stop at Katoomba to purchase your lunch
- Sightseeing at dramatic lookouts including Three Sisters
- All Three Scenic Rides
- River Cruise from Olympic Park Wharf arriving Circular Quay 5.45pm
Benefits of a Small Group Tour
There are many benefits of a small bus tour e.g.
- A Small group is easier to manage and more personal
- Easy to disembark and re board the mini bus
- This means you can experience a lot more and not feel hounded all day.You have better access to more inaccessible remote locations.
- Time to chat with your fellow traveler
- “See more and do more”
- Much better value for money for a more enjoyable day.
The BMT Tour and BMTR tours are very similar. The difference is that the BMTR includes the 3 Scenic World Rides in the late morning whereas the BMR Tour does not include the rides but does more Sightseeing for that 1 hour.
Both tours leave the city around 8 am and cross the Harbour Bridge travelling to the Blue Mountains. On the way we stop at Glenbrook for morning tea and a visit to the Blue Mountains Visitor Centre which has a large range of souvenirs, post cards and books on the Mountains from the early history to the present day.
After a short break we continue up the mountains passing through some smaller villages to our first lookout at Kings Tableland and a remote cliff top lookout, Lincoln’s Rock. There is a lot of Geological evidence at this site of the history of creation of the Blue Mountains dating back millions of years.
Next, this Blue Mountains Tour travels to Echo Point arriving 11.00 am for around 20 minutes before we take those on the Scenic World Rides around to the Skyway Cable Car which traverses the Valley above Katoomba Falls to Scenic World where the Scenic Railway and The Cable Way are located. All 3 rides take about an hour in total. Those not doing the rides will do more sightseeing and lookouts.
Around noon we all catch up again and go to the main street of Katoomba where there are many small food outlets in one small area to minimise the walking and find an easy lunch followed by an easy stroll around the shops. Duration is about 45 minutes to one hour.
After Lunch there is more sightseeing with many lookouts available to us
- Some of the lookouts we may visit subject to available time and weather conditions
- Lincolns Rock. Only suitable for small buses.
- Gordon Falls Lookout
- Leura Cascades
- The Magnificent Honeymoon Bridge across to the Three Sisters
- Echo Point and the Three Sisters.
- Magnificent Cliff Top Lookout overlooking Katoomba Falls
- Eagles Nest Lookout only suitable for small buses
At around 3.15 pm this Blue Mountains Tour leaves the top of the Mountains and drive back towards Sydney where our next stop is Sydney Olympic Park Village where we will have a short tour through the village before arriving at the Olympic Park Wharf to Board a 5.10 pm Rivercat Ferry for a cruise back to the city arriving Circular Quay at 5.45 pm where your Tour concludes.
There are numerous cafe and food outlets in the township of Katoomba. Take a leisurely stroll round the shops and have a lunch that suits your needs. We stop for around 45 minutes or so.
Do your own choice but keep in mind this village can be busy with people, as is the Blue Mountains, one of the most popular attractions in Australia.
|Bondi Junction||Corner Oxford and Newlands St||6.45am|
|Kings Cross||Bayswater Hotel, 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Holiday Inn Kings Cross||Go to Bayswater Hotel 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Devere Hotel||Macleay St Bus Stop Opposite Hotel||7.00am|
|Woolloomoolloo||Shell Service Station Cowper Wharf Rd||7.05am|
|Bayswater Hotel||Corner William and Riley St||7.10am|
|Stellar Hotel||4 Wentworth Ave||7.15am|
|Cambridge Hotel||212 Riley Street Surry Hills||7.15am|
|Capitol Theatre||13 Campbell St Haymarket||7.20am|
|Holiday Inn Darling Harbour||68 Harbour Street||7.25am|
|Mercure Sydney||820 George Street||7.25am|
|Wake Up Hostel||509 Pitt Street||7.30am|
|Ibis Darling Harbour||70 Murray St||7.30am|
|Sofotel Sydney||Darling Harbour||7.30am|
|Oaks Goldsborough||243 Pyrmont Street||7.30am|
|Ibis World Square||382 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Rydges World Square||389 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Meriton World Square||95 Liverpool St||7.35am|
|Meriton||528 Kent St||7.35am|
|Adina||511 Kent st||7.35am|
|Hilton Hotel||Pitt St Entrance||7.40am|
|Swiss Hotel||68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sheraton Grand||Meet at Swiss Hotel 68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sofitel Sydney Wentworth||61-101 Phillip Street||7.45am|
|Sydney Harbour Marriott||30 Pitt St||7.50am|
|York Street Apartments||5 York Street ( Corner of Jamison St)||7.55am|
|North Sydney Post Office||92 Pacific Hwy North Sydney||8.05am|
Bring a warm jacket and easy walking shoes or runners
All bookings are confirmed by return email
Make sure we have your phone no. Turn your phone on during the pick up round
All children must have a seat
Not suitable for children under 5 years
24 hours from Departure time i.e. 8.am day before at the latest
If you fail to board the bus at the designated location and time then you are a “no show” and there is no refund. It is best to plan to be at the correct location 10 to 15 minutes early.
Have your mobile phone “SWITCHED ON”