Blue Mountains Tour Sydney with Featherdale Wildlife Park and River Cruise
Tour Code BM 1 $150pp Adults $135pp child
This is a small tour (max 17 persons) of the magnificent Blue Mountains including the award winning, Featherdale Wildlife Park, home to only Australian Native animals. Next we visit some remote lookouts with some stunning views, including Lincolns Rock at Kings Tableland where you will find some old aboriginal spear sharpening scars on the rocky face with some stunning cliff top views.
Then it is off to Leura for an early lunch (optional) around 11.45.am after which you are free to wander the shops. You can upgrade on the day.
There are more lookouts after lunch including Gordon Falls and Echo Point, home to the Three Sisters with some scenic cliff top short walks for your special photos.
We visit Scenic World and you can take the Scenic World rides for $30pp for all three rides. Your driver will organize tickets on the day.
Later in the afternoon we return down the Blue Mountains to join a River Cat Ferry for at Olympic Park for a leisurely river cruise to Circular Quay arriving 6.30pm.
TOUR PRICE $150 adults $135 child BM 1 Tour
For further information about this tour, click on the + icon to right of each heading below.
Highlights of this Tour
- Featherdale Wildlife Park for native Australian animals
- Small group Tour allows you to “see more and do more”
- Luxury Mercedes Mini Coach
- 5 amazing lookout locations
- Jamison and Megalong Valleys
- Visit the pretty town of Leura
- Experienced guide
- And much more
- Note Scenic Railway Rides are optional at $30 per person for adults, or $20 for children. If you wish to do the rides your tour guide will arrange it on the day. The guide can easily arrange tickets for you. Others who not want the rides can do some more easy scenic strolls.
What this tour includes
- Complimentary Hotel Pick up
- Luxury Mercedes Benz Mini Coach
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Morning Tea
- A light Lunch is available at $20pp Add to your booking. (vegans and vegetarians catered for)
- Sightseeing at 5 dramatic lookouts including Three Sisters
- Scenic Rides (purchased on day if desired for $30 adults and $20 child
- River Cruise back to the city late afternoon
Departure and Return Times
Departs city at 8.00.am after the morning pick up round and returns on a Rivercat Ferry to Circular Quay at 6.30pm
Scenic Tour Rides
Every day in the Blue Mountains can be different e.g. crowds, weather and traffic in school holidays. There may be large crowds at the rides, causing lengthy delays of up to 40 minutes to do each one. Much of the day can be wasted if this occurs.
We suggest keep an open mind about the rides and your guide can keep you informed of the situation at Scenic World to determine the best option for you. Many people say that when they have purchased the rides they regret the waste of time as they arranging a refund can be a lengthy process. Our driver has a credit card machine for this situation. The rides cost $30pp and Children $30pp
Benefits of a Small Group Tour
On our Blue Mountains Tour there will be around 10 occasions when you will be getting on the bus and the same 10 occasions for getting off. This is around 20 entry and exits and each of these takes a few minutes. If we allow 2 minutes on and 2 minutes off that is a total of 40 minutes per day. If you are on a larger bus, this activity is more like 5 mins and for the very large coaches it can be 8 to 10 minutes. This could be 8 or 12 times at up to 10 minutes each time totaling something like 1 ½ to 2 hours or more. It is a large time user that eats into your day
Having Lunch can also be time expensive and this where more time savings can be made. We pre order our lunch option so it is ready when we arrive. Saves time is very time effective, again, allowing more sightseeing.
There are many benefits of a small bus tour
- Small group is easier to manage and more personal
- Easy to disembark and reboard the Mini Bus in a limited time.
- This means you can experience a lot more and not feel hounded all day.
- You have better access to more inaccessible remote locations.
- Time to chat with your fellow travelers
- By pre ordering the optional lunch is a great time saver. Better for “seeing more and doing more”
There is a light lunch option that you can select for your tour at $20 adults and $15 child.
This is in a café at Leura, the Loaves and Dishes which has a selection of various dishes available with dietary requirements considered.
It is a lunch that is reasonably prompt and allows you some time to wander the shops and main street of Leura for around 30 minutes.
There are numerous other food outlets in Leura and if you prefer to skip the lunch option.
Do your own choice but keep in mind this village can be very busy with large numbers of people looking for a lunch venue.
If you wish to upgrade your booking to include the lunch then advise the driver and he will arrange it for you. to save valuable time we pre order as we leave the Wildlife Park so it is all ready when we arrive.”
- Beef lasagne served with salad and hot chips
- Chicken, bacon & tomato frittata served with salad and hot chips.( gluten free)
- Vegetable and feta frittata served with salad and hot chips. (Gluten free)
- Vegetarian samosas served with salad, hot chips and Greek yogurt .(vegan)
- Chicken wrap toasted and served with salad and hot chips. (Halal)
Including a chocolate brownie plus a cold drink or hot drink (tea or coffee).
|Bondi Junction||Corner Oxford and Newlands St||6.45am|
|Kings Cross||Bayswater Hotel, 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Holiday Inn Kings Cross||Go to Bayswater Hotel 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Devere Hotel||Macleay St Bus Stop Opposite Hotel||7.00am|
|Woolloomoolloo||Shell Service Station Cowper Wharf Rd||7.05am|
|Bayswater Hotel||Corner William and Riley St||7.10am|
|Stellar Hotel||4 Wentworth Ave||7.15am|
|Cambridge Hotel||212 Riley Street Surry Hills||7.15am|
|Capitol Theatre||13 Campbell St Haymarket||7.20am|
|Holiday Inn Darling Harbour||68 Harbour Street||7.25am|
|Mercure Sydney||820 George Street||7.25am|
|Wake Up Hostel||509 Pitt Street||7.30am|
|Ibis Darling Harbour||70 Murray St||7.30am|
|Sofotel Sydney||Darling Harbour||7.30am|
|Oaks Goldsborough||243 Pyrmont Street||7.30am|
|Ibis World Square||382 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Rydges World Square||389 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Meriton World Square||95 Liverpool St||7.35am|
|Meriton||528 Kent St||7.35am|
|Adina||511 Kent st||7.35am|
|Hilton Hotel||Pitt St Entrance||7.40am|
|Swiss Hotel||68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sheraton Grand||Meet at Swiss Hotel 68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sofitel Sydney Wentworth||61-101 Phillip Street||7.45am|
|Sydney Harbour Marriott||30 Pitt St||7.50am|
|York Street Apartments||5 York Street ( Corner of Jamison St)||7.55am|
|North Sydney Post Office||92 Pacific Hwy North Sydney||8.05am|
What to Bring.
Non Slip Shoes or runners,
All bookings are confirmed by return email
Make sure we have your phone no. Turn your phone on during the pick up round
All children must have a seat
Not suitable for children under 5 years
24 hours from Departure time i.e. 8.am day before at the latest