Blue Mountains Tour with Featherdale Wildlife Park, a Picnic Lunch and River Ferry Cruise
Tour Code BMFL
Tour Code BMFL
Winter Saving (was $154 now $139 Adults)
This is a small tour of the magnificent Blue Mountains, with our first activity , Featherdale Wildlife Park, home to only Australian Native animals and bird life.. The colours of some species are amazing.
On leaving Featherdale we visit some remote lookouts only available to smaller buses. We visit 4 to 5 lookouts for some breathtaking views. You will love Lincoln’ Rock, perhaps the best of all!
We include a hearty picnic lunch. A great time saver!! Reduces that time wandering the streets to find a crowded venue with a few spare seats.
Our visit to the Three Sisters at Echo Point is the most popular and one of the most photographed icons in Australia.
The Scenic Railway rides are available to you at your expense ($45pp). However, we suggest that it is best to check it out when on the tour before committing yourself, to determine the size of the crowds at Scenic World. Your tour driver will advise you how busy it is. Some days they have up to 10,000 people. This is an extremely popular attraction, but beware, as on some days time is lost standing in queues for all the rides. It will reduce your available sightseeing dramatically! Refunds on rides are not available.
On the busy days we do a reverse itinerary so as to be at Scenic World around 10.15am. This greatly improves our chances. Over the Christmas period we may even leave the city 30 minutes earlier and be there around 9.30am to 9.45am. If you arrive there around midday the crowds are at their peak till 3.30pm.
There are more afternoon lookouts after our picnic lunch, and a 30 minute stroll around the village of Leura for some shopping or a coffee. We depart the Blue Mountains around 4 pm to have you back to the Ferry Wharf at Olympic Park to catch a late afternoon ferry.
The ferry is a great way to return to the city as it is a magical moment when passing under the Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay. You arrive back in the city around 6.30 pm,
- Small Group Tour accessing some 4 to 5 amazing scenic lookouts.
- Full commentary from a local tour guide
- Modern Luxury smaller 19 seat Mini Coach and experienced guide read more……
- A visit to Featherdale Wildlife Park the best in Sydney for Australian wildlife read more….
- Includes a picnic lunch at one of the scenic lookouts
- We maximize our available time to have the best Blue Mountains Experience
- The 3 Scenic Railway rides are available at your expense. $45 pp. Read our comments above! read more….
- Take an afternoon stroll around Leura for a coffee
- Board a River cat Ferry at Olympic Park Wharf for a late afternoon cruise to the city
For further information about this tour, click on the + icon to right of each heading below.
What this tour includes
- Complimentary Hotel Pick up
- Smaller 19 seat Mini Coach
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Picnic Lunch
- Sightseeing at 4 to 6 dramatic lookouts including Three Sisters.
- The Scenic World rides are available at your expense. $40pp
- Afternoon visit to Leura for a coffee break and stroll in the streets
- Return by River Ferry back to the city arrive at 6.30pm
Benefits of a Small Group Tour
On our Blue Mountains Day Tour there will be around 8 occasions when you will be getting on the bus and the same 8 occasions for getting off. Each of these takes a few minutes. If we allow 2 minutes getting on and 2 minutes getting off, that is a total of 40 minutes per day. If you are on a larger bus, this activity is time expensive.
Having Lunch can also be time expensive and this is where more time savings can be made. We pre order our picnic lunch option Saves time, is very time effective, and again, allowing more sightseeing.
There are many benefits of a small bus tour
- Small group is easier to manage and more personal
- Easy to get on and off the mini bus in a limited time.
- This means you can experience a lot more and not feel hounded all day.
- You have better access to more inaccessible remote locations.
|Bondi Junction||Corner Oxford and Newlands St||6.45am|
|Kings Cross||Bayswater Hotel, 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Holiday Inn Kings Cross||Go to Bayswater Hotel 17 Bayswater Rd||6.55am|
|Devere Hotel||Macleay St Bus Stop Opposite Hotel||7.00am|
|Woolloomoolloo||Shell Service Station Cowper Wharf Rd||7.05am|
|Bayswater Hotel||Corner William and Riley St||7.10am|
|Stellar Hotel||4 Wentworth Ave||7.15am|
|Cambridge Hotel||212 Riley Street Surry Hills||7.15am|
|Capitol Theatre||13 Campbell St Haymarket||7.20am|
|Holiday Inn Darling Harbour||68 Harbour Street||7.25am|
|Mercure Sydney||820 George Street||7.25am|
|Wake Up Hostel||509 Pitt Street||7.30am|
|Ibis Darling Harbour||70 Murray St||7.30am|
|Sofotel Sydney||Darling Harbour||7.30am|
|Oaks Goldsborough||243 Pyrmont Street||7.30am|
|Ibis World Square||382 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Rydges World Square||389 Pitt St||7.35am|
|Meriton World Square||95 Liverpool St||7.35am|
|Meriton||528 Kent St||7.35am|
|Adina||511 Kent st||7.35am|
|Hilton Hotel||Pitt St Entrance||7.40am|
|Swiss Hotel||68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sheraton Grand||Meet at Swiss Hotel 68 Market St||7.40am|
|Sofitel Sydney Wentworth||61-101 Phillip Street||7.45am|
|Sydney Harbour Marriott||30 Pitt St||7.50am|
|York Street Apartments||5 York Street ( Corner of Jamison St)||7.55am|
|North Sydney Post Office||92 Pacific Hwy North Sydney||8.05am|
Tour includes Featherdale, Picnic Lunch and Ferry
- The Tour departs the city around 8am with the first stop at Featherdale Wildlife Park
- After a one hour visit we continue up the mountains passing through some smaller villages.
- Visit Kings Tableland, a remote cliff top lookout called Lincoln’s Rock.
- Tour travels to Echo Point.
- We check out the Scenic Railway for availability to the rides cost $45pp. Mornings are best.
- Picnic Lunch at a scenic lookout
- More Touring after lunch to more lookouts
- Visit the village of Leura for a 30 minute stroll of the main street
- We leave here at around 4.15 pm and go Olympic Park Park Wharf to Board a River cat Ferry for a cruise back to the city arriving Circular Quay at 6.30 pm where your Tour concludes.
- Please note we might do a reverse itinerary on the really busy days so we are there close to opening time.
What to Bring.
Non Slip Shoes or runners,
Departure and Return Times
Departs city at 8.00.am after the morning pick ups and returns by River Ferry to the city 6.30 pm
A Picnic Lunch is part of the day. We pre-order some sandwiches and rolls and collect them when we are in the Mountains. A great time saver!
All bookings are confirmed by return email
Be at your pick up around 10 minutes early to maximize our day.
Make sure we have your phone no. Turn your phone on during the pick up round
All children must have a seat
Not suitable for children under 6 years
24 hours from Departure time i.e. 8.am day before at the latest
If you fail to board the bus at the designated location and time then you are a “no show” and there is no refund. It is best to plan to be at the correct location 10 to 15 minutes early.
Have your mobile phone “SWITCHED ON”
Visit Featherdale Wildlife Park this tour
Featherdale is the best small Wildlife Park in Australia and home for Australian Native Animals and amazing colourful bird life from all over the Australian Continent.
All the animals are native to the Australian bush and are housed in an excellent wild life park where they are well looked after. We have a morning visit at around 9am for around an hour’s duration where you will have an “up close and personal” experience with the “inhabitants.”
Our visit is for around one hour or so, long enough to experience the wombats, wallabies, koalas dingoes Tasmanian devils, quolls, bandicoots emus and kangaroos and numerous other residents as you wander around the park. There is an exhibition of the most dangerous snakes in the enclosure plus hundreds of birds